Design and build a sustainable engineering prototype that solves a food-related issue somewhere in the world.
As a team, chooses a local, regional or global food issue to solve. Then, design and build an innovative prototype that helps solve that problem. Your prototype (a working model) must improve some aspect of how people access, produce, transport, consume, or recycle food.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible projects could:
- Design a self-mixing compost bin for recycling cafeteria food waste
- Create a zero-waste aquaponics system for small farms
- Build an irrigation system that conserves water
- Design a solar-powered farming tool that makes farmers’ lives easier
- Build a prototype that improves transportation of food
- Or build any other food-related engineering solution!
December 20th – Letter of Intent deadline
Teams who submit a LOI will be paired with a Greenway mentor to provide support throughout the challenge.
January 13th – Proposal deadline
- Required: A proposal that confirms your intent to participate. See Deliverables for proposal details.
- Optional: Teams that want Greenway to provide financial support for materials must submit a design drawing along with a list of materials, which have been reviewed by a Greenway mentor.
April 28th: Final report due
May 5th: Demonstration day